Monday, October 8, 2007

Finally touch down to NJ


Departing from home...

Finally I touched down to West Orange New Jersey on 6 Oct 2007, New York time: 1733 hrs. The weather is nice, sky is clear and temperature is 29o Celsius. Spent a while queuing at immigration. Heard custom here is very strict but surprisingly I was allowed through without checking.

I have been very much occupied past few days. I am like a frog in the well 井底之蛙, have never see the outside world. This is the first time I am leaving my comfort zone; am rather anxious and excited.

I never did so much shopping before. Thinking hard of what to buy and how much is enough. Aiyo, headache lah.

Julia asked me if I have prepared the warm clothing – then I came to know that fall season is not just cool 凉风落叶but can go beyond freezing point. Help….I need help, somebody help me…我的妈呀,谁来帮我?我这乡下姥姥可是什麽都不懂。生平第一次听说long john, 还有什麽八度以上还是以下啦,羊毛成份多少啦…长袖毛衣,外套,手套,袜子 也各有分类; 搞了一阵子方弄懂。哎哟好贵哟,我需要买多少才够?我不要失去budget 啦。I took some times get to know all these items, 成功.

Next, Souvenirs 礼多人不怪嘛。I got the gifts but still feeling not enough. Haiz, 真头疼。Finally, ready to set off – Two luggage bags, one big one small plus a laptop and hand carry bag. Wow, kiasu me.



Pete, Wei & Shan sent me to the airport. Very bad lor, I love them so much but they don’t seem to miss me at all 呜呜.

Picture taken at Changi Airport

Nineteen hours flight sitting in that small constricted space surprisingly did not get pressure ulcer. 嘻嘻,My pressure relief worked. I spent about ten to twelve hours on four movies, songs, and books. The remaining time spent on food and nap lor.




I am lucky to have the internet connection set up soon I arrived. Staying with a lovely family consists of a grandma, father, mother and a pair of twins. I received a hospitality welcome and joined them for dinner immediate we arrived home.

Julia asked if I experience jet lag 时差?我好像没感觉。天暗了就是晚上lor. I could adjust pretty well, sky dark = night. This is my room for the coming one month. Big bed but disadvantages are no writing table and only have table lamps, I have to adapt doing work under this romantic environment, 可怜的我。


Tired already, to be continued...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i found that no matter how i edit the html, the pix couldn't go side by side (this is wat u want?), only changing the template solved the problem, hope u like it. u can change to ur preferred template later on.

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

Welcome Irene, finally aboard..
Julia said it's hot in NJ, leaves not turning color yet?
Oh mine, you brought long jon,, you may not use it lar,
Look forward to read more of your adventure stay in NJ.. good luck

Anonymous said...

hey,finally u add something inside ur blog...
u reach at NJ already?
gambateh at there lo...
加油哦。。。