Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My attachment to KIR

Is my third week in Kessler and yet have not write anything about this institution, terrible me 真糟糕。

Kessler is located up the hill; not what I thought before coming. Is about 1 mile away from where I stay, took less than 5 minutes drive but 30-40 minutes walking. There are beautiful sceneries along the way but no walking path 怕怕。

It is a very clean and beautiful hospital, surrounded by gardens and trees. People are very warm and friendly and very generous with sharing information. They have a broad vision of having patients to receive best care regardless whether patient is with Kessler or other institution...

Kessler has its new extention in December last year. The centre setup is totally from the patients' perspective and is equipped with advance facilities. The rooms are built in such a way that all patients could view the outside sceneries through the glass window. They have a huge patients' area/lounge every floor for patients and family to dine, meet and watch TV. Computers are also available for patients or visitors to assess to internet informations or e-mails. Pictures and photographs of the patients' activities are displayed along the wall of the corridors.

3 main units - Spinal cord injury, Brain injury and general rehabilitation at each floor; specific features are built accordingly to meet the care. Each floor has its own gym department with huge gym space - very impressive.

I was introduced to most people in Kessler and is treated as a special guest. Permission was given to me to freely move around the hospital and free meal coupon throughout my attachment. Am truly touch by their hospitality...

No regret for choosing this hospital, I have gained great experience and insight to what a rehab hospital should be - well done, Kessler.

Outpatient clinics, outpatient therapy (gym) and offices

Kessler - Main entrance

Clear view from patient's room

Conference Centre, library and research department

I get very excited each time I see the therapy dog. It is well like by patients. No one is to touch/distract its attention when doing its duty.

Souvenirs I brought for Kessler - presented to the President and are displayed on the wall.

1 comment:

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

HI, no snow yet, har?
The trees still look green and have not changing color yet, still have good weather in your end, Enjoy!